For Halloween this year, my team decided to show great office synergy by coordinating our costumes. We held a secret ballot to choose which theme to roll with for October 31st. And the winner by a land slide was Bomberman.
The theme was set and I was ready; ready to do very little to contribute to the actual theme… Luckily, our super star graphic designer / part time costume designer (?), pulled through and carried most of the weight of the project. His shoulders probably ache from toiling away on these costumes. However, the results were pretty badass:
Blue Bomberman don’t give a sh*t
While everyone else kept their papier-mâché heads intact, I was a bumbling idiot as usual and dropped mine on the floor. Luckily, the damage was minor and all-mighty duct tape came into play to help fix what my butter fingers could not. Thanks, duct tape.
The moral of the story is don’t give me nice fragile things because I’m clumsy.
With October over and gone, it’s time to buckle up for winter. When I think winter, I think of tons of blankets and soup. I don’t think of snow though because I’m from California and we don’t have an abundance of snow.
Soup is tasty, but let’s make it tastier by adding some meatbombs. Yes, meatbombs. We’re gonna roll like Bomberman and start throwing bombs into everything.
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 1 tablespoon of worcestershire
- 1 tablespoon of grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of bread crumbs (whole wheat is optional)
- 3 – 4 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1 sweet potato
- 1/2 lb of kale
- 1 1/2 lbs of ground beef
- 1 quart of chicken broth
- 1 cup of water
Total prep time will be about ~30 minutes. Total cook time will be about 1 hour and 10 minutes. This recipe will serve 4- 6 people.
- Skin the sweet potatoes with a peeler.
- Chop sweet potatoes and kale.
- Combine chicken broth and water in a pot and set to boil.
- Season the broth with salt and pepper.
- Place sweet potatoes and kale in the pot.
- Reduce to medium and let simmer.
- Preheat oven to 375° F (190° C).
- Mince garlic and onion into fine pieces.
- Place ground beef in a bowl.
- Combine salt, pepper, oregano, parmesan, onion, worcestershire, and garlic with the ground beef.
- Add in egg and bread crumbs.
- Combine thoroughly.
- With a table spoon, portion out the meat and shape into balls.
- Place in a baking dish and drizzle olive oil over the meatballs.
- Cook for 45 minutes or until golden.
- Remove meatballs from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Place meatballs in the soup.
- Remove from heat and serve.
And now you’ve got tasty soup! GG WP.
Unfortunately, if you’re rocking a big ol’ Bomberman head, it’s going to be quite difficult to enjoy soup — especially ones that contain meatbombs.
Om nom nom nom…