Greetings, travelers! I recently finished gearing up my Siren with fancy legandaries in Borderlands 2. If you haven’t already tried the game, I suggest you take the time and take it for a spin.
This burger is an ode to the devilish antagonist, Handsome Jack. While this burger isn’t as snarky and conniving as Handsome Jack himself, it definitely does pack a whiskey infused punch.
I did a little research about Jack Daniel’s burgers prior to crafting this recipe. A lot of them used the store-bought Jack Daniel’s sauce to just baste burger while it cooked. That’s all fine and dandy, but personally, I’m not a big fan of basting burgers. That’s why I devised this plan to just inject these burgers with a healthy dose of whiskey — and I guess some other ingredients too.
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 can of tomato paste (3oz can)
- 1 teaspoon of liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon of worcestershire
- 2/3 cup of Jack Daniel’s whiskey (if Jack Daniel’s isn’t your thing, feel free to use any other whiskey)
- pepper jack cheese
- 1 red onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 lbs of ground beef
- hamburger buns
Prep time should be about 20 minutes. Cook time is about 9-10 minutes per burger. This recipe will feed make 6-8 burgers. You can scale the ingredients to accommodate more people.
- Mix the following ingredients in a small bowl: salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder.
- Add in your tomato paste.
- Add in your worcestershire and liquid smoke. Stir to combine.
- Add in your whiskey.
- Stir to combine ingredients.
- Add this mixture to your ground beef. You may need to use your hands to properly combine the ground beef and this sauce mixture.
- Set your grill to high heat (if you don’t have a grill, place a pan on high heat).
- Begin shaping your ground beef into round balls (about 1/4 lb). Gently press the balls flat until it forms an even hamburger patty.
- Place your hamburger patties on the grill. Let cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Place a piece of jack cheese on the patties. The cheese should melt after about 30 seconds. When the cheese has melted, remove patties from grill and set aside.
- Slice tomatoes and onions.
- Assemble your burger on top of your hamburger buns: lettuce, onion, tomato, cheese burger (feel free to change the order!)
Oh yeah, I’ve also created this handy-dandy Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/eatgamelive
I’ll be updating the Facebook page with previews of upcoming recipes. So please give a big “like” for Eat Game Live on Facebook.
Thanks for reading!