In the world of Mario, there exists these little walking bombs. They just waltz around, minding their own business… But they definitely have a short fuse, so don’t make them mad or BOOM! Meet the Bob-omb!
I think they’re misunderstood. I mean, look at those big ol’ eyes. HOW COULD SOMETHING SO CUTE BE SO MEAN?
Growing up, I spent a lot of time playing Super Smash Bros and Mario Kart, which meant I spent many hours throwing Bob-ombs at my friends. Here! Catch!
So I thought it would be pretty awesome to recreate such a familiar figure in chocolate!
- 8 almond slivers
- 1 tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice
- 2 – 3 tablespoons of water
- 2 tablespoons of almond butter
- 3 tablespoons of unsweetened dark chocolate powder
- 3 – 4 dark chocolate squares, melted
- 1 Quest Coconut Cashew bar
- 2 scoops of Quest Chocolate Milkshake protein powder
Quest protein powder and bars also do not contain any sugars or artificial sweeteners.
If you don’t like using 100% dark chocolate, feel free to use a dark chocolate with a lower cacao, but please note that this may change the macros shown in this recipe.
Total prep time for this recipe is about 15 minutes. Decorating time is about 20 - 30 minutes. This makes 4 servings.
Each serving contains: 19g of Protein, 10g of Fat, 14g of Carbs (8g of Fiber)
- In a large bowl, combine 2 scoops of protein powder, 1 tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice, and 1 tablespoon of unsweetened dark chocolate powder.
- Once the powders have been thoroughly mixed, add in your almond butter. Stir to combine.
- Slowly add your water to your mixture until it forms a consistent doughy/peanut buttery texture. This will be your ganache.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it chill for 10 minutes.
- While your ganache is chilling, begin molding your protein bar into the various parts of the Bob-omb.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the bar flat. Cut the bar into 4 even sections.
- Cut a thin strip from one of the 4 sections. Gently roll the strip between your hands. This will be the Bob-omb’s wick.
- With the remaining piece of that bar’s section, cut it into 2 parts. One part will become the wind-up key and the other part will become the shoes.
- Form a heart shape with one of the sections. Using a straw, punch two holes.
- Create a pair of shoes with the remaining section.
- Repeat steps 3 – 6 three more times to create the rest of the pieces. You should have 4 sets.
- Remove the bowl from the fridge.
- Pour your chocolate powder in a separate bowl.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out 1/4 of the ganache from the bowl.
- Roll 1/4 into a ball. Roll it into the chocolate powder. Repeat this 3 more times.
- Now, melt your dark chocolate. Gently dip the ganache balls into the dark chocolate and coat them evenly.
- Once they’ve been dipped in the chocolate, place them on a plate and begin adhering your decorations: the wick, the shoes, the wind-up key, and the almond eyes.
- After decorating, place them in the fridge to cool for 10 minutes.
Isn’t he so cute? But you know what’s cuter than just one Bob-omb?
Three Bob-ombs! They’re just so cute, I could just take a bite out of ’em.
Oh… Oh dear. Well, he was definitely tasty.
These Bob-ombs are definitely best served chilled, so make some room in your fridge for these guys!
This recipe was created with support from Quest Gaming. Follow them on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to learn more about how other gamers eat healthy and #CheatClean.