Recently, I’ve been spending a lot of time playing Dragon’s Crown on the PlayStation 3. Since I’m quite partial towards ranged classes, aka, shooty people, I opted to pick the Elf as my main character.
Most of the game is spent running through dungeons and completing objectives given to you by the various NPCs in town, however, on a few select dungeons, you have the opportunity to play the cooking game! Ok, it’s not called the cooking game, it’s called the camp, but it’s basically a silly, yet addicting, cooking game. The objective is to cook and eat as many dishes as possible within the time limit.
There’s a bunch of ingredients to choose from; varying from delicious and exotic meats such as Kraken Tentacles or Minotaur Tongue to common and simple vegetables such as shallots and peas. If you kill a boss, sometimes their meat appears in the ingredient piles. Om nom nom Harpy Eggs…
Of course, if you’re playing online or with friends, you’ll end up fighting for the best ingredients available. You do have the option to add seasonings such salt, pepper, or garlic to your dish as well and you are given extra points for flavor! However, if you don’t stir or flip your food, it will burn and it will taste horrible. I will admit I have burnt food in this game, and because of that, I now mash my X and L1 buttons in order to prevent future cooking mishaps.
The food always looks so delicious in-game, so I’ve decided to try taking on and bringing some Dragon’s Crown delicacies to life. This time, I’ve decided to take a stab at creating Kraken Cacciatore. Unfortunately, I couldn’t get my hands on any kraken, so octopus is the best I could find.
Now, let’s gather around the campfire and start cooking!
Eat well, for you will need to be prepared for the day ahead. ðŸ˜€
- 2 teaspoons of red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 3-4 sprigs of fresh dill, peeled from the twig
- basil, sliced into thin strips
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 of an onion, julienned
- 1/2 lb of mushrooms, sliced
- 4 vine tomatoes, diced (keep the liquid)
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 cup of white wine
- 1/2 lb of octopus, chopped into cubes
Prep time for this dish takes about 20 minutes. Cook time is roughly 45 minutes. This will make 2 servings.
Calories per serving: ~312 calories
- Set a large skillet on high heat and add in your olive oil.
- Saute your onions, peppers, garlic, and mushrooms.
- Add in your octopus.
- Reduce heat to medium and add in your diced tomatoes.
- Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Add in your white wine.
- Add in your dill and basil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 45 minutes or until the octopus is tender.
Ohh, tentacle-y? GG WP ðŸ˜€
While I can’t guarantee that this version of Kraken Cacciatore will grant you bonus score or bonus defense for the day ahead, I can guarantee that this dish is pretty tasty!
It’s also fairly low calorie and there aren’t any starches in this dish, so I do suggest that you add in some sort of starch (such as bread or pasta) if you want more filling meal.
After you finish cooking, don’t forget to lay down to rest because another dangerous mission awaits you tomorrow. ðŸ˜€