I love dinosaurs. Growing up, I had collected tons of dinosaur-themed items. So when I started playing Ark: Survival Evolved it felt like I was reliving part of my childhood!
DINOSAURS. DINOSAURS EVERYWHERE!
Needless to say, I kind of got a little obsessed. OK. Fine. I got A LOT obsessed.
I started collecting tons of dinosaurs. I started with Parasaurs, then moved onto Raptors, then T-Rexes and now. Spinosauruses. Our base currently has over 20 Spinosauruses.
I’ve named the ones I’ve tamed after K-pop stars because why not?
When I found out that Ark had a cooking system, I was so hyped! Obviously, I had to start making these recipes in real life. So here’s an easy Ark-inspired recipe to enjoy while you’re combing the beach slapping your “e” key for rocks!
- juice from 1 lemon
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of cucumbers, sliced
- 1/2 cup of peas, cooked (either microwave or boil them)
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
This recipe takes about 20 minutes to make. It makes about 2 servings.
- Place your avocado, onion and garlic in a food processor.
- Add in the juice from one lemon.
- Pulse until smooth.
- Add in your cooked peas, cucumber and salt.
- Pulse until combined.
- Add in a few sprigs of parsley and your olive oil. Pulse until smooth.
- Remove your mix from the food processor.
- Using a mesh sieve, strain out the chunky bits from your gazpacho.
- Garnish with parsley.
I tried to make it as close as the in-game recipe as possible:
Close… I think?
Either way, Calien Soup will keep you cool as you doodle in your dossier:
According to my dossier, I should probably collect more spinos. Hmm.
Stay safe out there, survivors!