Have you ever wondered why Zerglings are in such great shape? I mean, they run marathons around Marines and Zealots without breaking a sweat.
I’m sure the creep spread throughout the terrain helps, but I’m convinced that these little Zerglings have an incredibly healthy diet. Their brood mothers probably make sure they eat all of their veggies before storming the enemy base.
I assume all the veggies are kept in the spawning pool… That’s why it’s green, right? It’s just pureed leafy greens!
Why else would Zerglings be so fast? Clearly, it’s diet and exercise! Perhaps they use Quest Protein in their creep spread?
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- a handful of sliced almonds
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 scoops of Quest multi-purpose mix protein powder
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/3 cup of fontina cheese, shredded
- 1/3 of an onion, diced
- 1/3 cup of spinach
- 1/3 cup of swiss chard
- 1/3 cup of kale
- 3/4 cup of coconut flour (or almond flour)
- OPTIONAL: 1 tablespoon of beet juice
You’ll also need 4 ramekins.
Prep time for this recipe is about 30 minutes. Total cook time is roughly 25 minutes. This makes about 4 – 5 servings.
Each serving contains: 23g of Protein, 10g of Fat, 21g of Carbs (12g of Fiber)
- Combine your protein powder, 1 teaspoon of salt, flour and 2 eggs in a bowl.
- Add in your beet juice. The beet juice is just to add color — this step is optional.
- Add in your 1/4 cup of water and melted coconut oil. and mix all the ingredients together until a dough forms.
- Place your dough on a clean surface that has been dusted by coconut flour (or the flour of your choosing)
- Knead the dough into a ball.
- Divide the dough into four sections.
- Place each of the four sections into the ramekins. Mash the dough to fit the form of the ramekin.
- Place your almonds on the edges of the dough to make the “teeth” of the spawning pool.
- Bake these ramekins in an oven set to 350°F for 10 minutes. This is just to get the dough to harden up before adding in the filling.
- Set a small pan on high heat. Once the pan comes up to temperature, add in your olive oil.
- Sweat your garlic and onions. The onions will become translucent when they’re ready.
- Add in your leafy green vegetables and cook for about 1 minute, or until they’re wilted.
- Place the cooked vegetables in a blender. Add in your milk and blend.
- Add in your egg and blend.
- Add in your cheese.
- Remove the empty spawning pools from the oven.
- Pour your vegetable puree into each of the spawning pools.
- Bake them in the oven set to 350°F for 15 minutes
- Let cool for about 5 minutes.
Now you’ve got a tasty little treat fit for the swarm!
Enjoy these healthy snacks while watching the finals of the WCS!
Or maybe the GSL Code S finals?
It’ll be an eSports packed weekend for StarCraft II. But don’t worry, you’ll be prepared with these Spawning Pool Quiches. FOR THE SWARM!
This recipe was created with support from Quest Gaming. Follow them on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to learn more about how other gamers eat healthy and #CheatClean.