Eat Game Live is not my first attempt at food blogging. My food blogging “career” had humble beginnings on the Starcraft 2 community site, Teamliquid.net. The original title was aptly named “Food Porn” as it mainly contained heavily saturated photographs of my kitchen experiments. Eventually, I branched out into creating a blog that hosted Starcraft 2 themed recipes called 1a into the Kitchen.
I quickly outgrew the blog and decided to upgrade (plus I really disliked the blogger format), so I purchased a domain, packed up and shipped everything over to WordPress. Now, I’m in the process of unpacking all of my old recipes and formatting them for their brand new home at Eat Game Live. Gosu Burritos is just one of the many refreshed recipes that will be coming to this blog. So, if you truly think you are gosu (highly skilled), then try tackling this recipe.
- olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups soy sauce
- 1 table spoon sesame oil
- sesame seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon crushed ginger
- 1 1/2 lbs of top sirloin steak
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 1/2 cups of cheese (soy cheese pictured)
- green onions
- 1 cup brown rice
- red cabbage
Total prep time will be about ~20 minutes. Since this recipe does require a marinating process, the total idle team will be about 12 – 24 hours. Total cook time will be about 35 minutes. This recipe will serve 4 people.
- Slice your raw top sirloin into thin strips.
- Place a freezer plastic bag in a bowl (you can skip this step if you don’t want to put the marinade in a bag).
- Pour the soy sauce, garlic, ginger, rice vinegar, and sesame oil into the bag.
- Place your sliced sirloin in the marinade and let marinate for at least 2 hours… Marinating over night would be best. This can all be done the day before!
- Chop onions, cilantro and green onions. Reserve half of the cilantro and green onions
- Boil 1 cup of brown rice.
- Chop about 1/2 cup of kimchi.
- When brown rice is done, add in some cilantro, green onions and kimchi.
- Add olive oil pan and set pan to high heat.
- When pan is hot, saute onions. Season onions.
- Remove onions from heat.
- Take marinated beef and place in hot pan.
- Add sesame seeds and pepper.
- Cook beef for about 5-7 minutes, or until done.
- Add in cilantro and green onions.
- Add onions back into the pan and mix with the beef. Remove from heat.
- Take two paper towels and dampen them with water.
- Place a tortilla between the damp paper towels and microwave the tortilla for 15 seconds.
- Place kimchi rice, beef, onions, red cabbage and cheese on top of the tortilla. Wrap tortilla.