As a kid, I don’t know if there was anything more satisfying than waking up on a lazy Saturday morning to a heaping pile of French Toast. It may be almost as satisfying as dropping chain fungal growths on an entire Terran army — I wouldn’t know, I’ve never been on the side of the swarm.
I wanted to make an alternative to the traditional French Toast… Something with a bit more personality and complex, yet deceivingly simple. Oh, and of course purple! No Zerg can be without that goopy creep spread. Mmm, Blueberry Creep Spread.
FOR THE TOAST
- 6 slices of bread (I used sprouted whole wheat bread, but feel free to choose regular white bread)
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 1/2 cup of cream (I used soy cream)
- 2 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of Vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 tea spoon of butter (not shown)
- 1/2 tablespoon of powdered sugar (not shown — also optional)
FOR THE SAUCE
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 1/3 cup of Grade A maple syrup (or the purest syrup you can find… don’t get syrup with additives in it)
The procedure to make this is pretty simple. The entire process, from prep work to plating, should take about 35-45 minutes. This recipe makes 3 French Toast sandwiches.
- Crack your two eggs into a bowl. Whisk eggs.
- Add vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Whisk in your cream.
- Transfer the mixture to a shallow dish. This will be used to dip the sandwiches.
- Place a skillet on high heat.
- Slice your bananas.
- Spread peanut butter on each slice of bread.
- Place bananas on one peanut buttered slice. Place another piece of peanut buttered bread on top to make a sandwich.
- Place butter in the hot pan.
- Place your completed sandwich in the egg/cream mixture. Let it soak for a few seconds and then flip the sandwich over to coat the opposite side.
- When sandwich is fully coated, remove it and place in the hot pan.
- Let the sandwich cook for about 1 – 2 minutes on each side, or until the side is golden brown.
- Remove sandwich and place on a plate.
- (OPTIONAL) Dust with powdered sugar.
French Toast would not be complete without a syrup. But this isn’t just French Toast, this is Infestation Pit Toast. If you’re a true Starcraft pro, use your APM and multi-tasking abilities to create the Blueberry Creep Spread while cooking Infestation Pit Toast.
- Place a small pan on high heat.
- Add your maple syrup.
- Add in your blueberries.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Let the sauce reduce. The sauce will begin to turn purple when it’s done.
- Remove from heat and plate sauce with the toast.
If you’ve completed your opening, powered through the mid game and survived the late game, then you’re deserved a GG WP.
Enjoy your Infestation Pit Toast with Blueberry Creep Spread with a loved one, such as a lovely Queen or loyal Overlord.
Oh, and to make that fancy Zerg symbol out of powdered sugar? All you’ll need is a computer, a printer, tape, scissors (or x-acto knife) and an index card (or any thick paper). Start by finding an image of the Zerg symbol and print it out. You may need to re-size it.
Once you’ve printed it out, tape the index card behind the symbol. Now start cutting and make that stencil! Just place the stencil over your toast and sprinkle your powdered sugar over it. It should leave you a fancy logo. Hooray!
GL HF GG.