One of my favorite cuisines in the whole world is Thai food. There’s something so amazing about the flavors in each dish. It’s like a well orchestrated symphony of flavors that happens in every bite. So I was more than excited to try out Sungshin Ironpaw’s new take on a classic Thai dish.
We’re traveling to the beautiful Valley of the Four Winds for this week’s recipe: Green Curry Fish!
The continent of Pandaria is a vast area full of lovely places to camp out and start a fire for cooking.
For this rendition of the Pandarian Green Curry Fish, I decided to add in some extra veggies for that healthiness factor. The actual in-game recipe just calls for rice and golden carp, so I have definitely made some slight modifications for the real life version!
- 2 teaspoons of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of agave nectar
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 sprigs of basil
- 1 cup of snow peas
- juice of 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 5 tablespoons of green curry paste
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup of rice
- 1 whole 2lb tai snapper (pink sea bream)*, cleaned and fins removed
*You can substitute red snapper, sea bass, or any white, non-oily fish.
Prep time for this is about 15 minutes. Total cook time is about 30 minutes for the curry and 45 minutes for the rice. This makes about 4 servings.
- Prepare your rice so that the rice will finish cooking by the time your curry is done.
- Heat a large wok on high heat. Then, add in your coconut oil.
- Once the wok comes up to temperature, saute your shallots. Let your shallots saute for about 1 minute.
- Then, add in your curry paste and fish sauce. Stir to combine and allow it to cook together for another minute.
- Add your coconut milk three parts, stirring between each part to help the curry paste incorporate with the coconut milk.
- At this point, try your curry and add salt and sweetener (agave in this case) to taste. When you’re happy with the taste, move on to the next steps!
- Place your whole fish in the green curry.
- Gently ladle sauce over the fish. Allow it to cook for about 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, flip the fish over and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Squeeze your lime over the fish and add in your basil, peas and green pepper.
- Continue to cook for another 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Remove from the heat.
- Place your fish curry on a large bowl for serving with your cooked rice.
And you’re done. GG WP! Please be aware that because you are cooking a whole fish, there will still be bones present.
Typically, you can remove the meat from the bone in one fell swoop, but just be weary of bones
So my goal with this dish was to try to replicate the in-game food item. I think I got pretty close! What do you think?
Here it is again as a single serving:
Good luck in your adventures through Azeroth and beyond! 😀