When Overwatch was first announced at BlizzCon 2014, I was so insanely excited by the fact that the universe existed on Earth. This meant instead of digging into my Azeroth cook book for inspiration, I could just pull inspiration from cultural cuisines. So, we’re taking a trip around the globe with our favorite Overwatch heroes, starting with the poster girl — Tracer!
For this recipe, I decide to create a healthier version of Banoffee Pie which is found in Tracer’s hometown of London, England.
If you’re not familiar Banoffee Pie, you might be thinking “what the heck is a banoffee?” Banoffee Pie consists of bananas and toffee (or dulce de leche) and then is covered with delicious whipped cream. Yum!
Enough talk, let’s get moving!
- 2 teaspoons of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of agave
- 2 scoops of Quest Salted Caramel protein powder
- 1/4 cup of shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup of pecans (reserve 1/4 cup)
- 1 cup of coconut milk (reserve 1 tablespoon)
- 1 cup of coconut cream, chilled
- 2 bananas (reserve a few slices for decoration)
This recipe takes about 45 minutes to prep. Cook time is about 30 minutes. This makes 8 servings.
Each slice contains: ~13g of Protein, ~15g of Fat, and ~15g of Net Carbs
- Set a sauce pan on low heat.
- Add your coconut milk, 2 scoops of protein powder and agave to the sauce pan.
- Cook on low heat for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. This will create the dolce de leche for the filling. It should end up being a paste-like consistency. Remove from heat when done.
- Place your cinnamon protein bars in a microwave safe bowl. Add in 1 tablespoon of coconut milk. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave again for 30 seconds.
- In a food processor, grind your pecans. Reserve 1/4 of a cup for decoration.
- Add in your melted protein bars, cinnamon and shredded coconut. Blend until smooth. This will form your crust.
- Press your pecan mixture into a spring-form pan. Using a spoon, spread the mixture until you have an 1″ edge.
- Place in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
- Whip your chilled coconut cream.
- Remove your pie crust from the fridge.
- Pour in your dolce de leche and spread evenly.
- Top with sliced bananas.
- Top with your whipped cream. Spread the whipped cream evenly.
- Now, use your reserved crushed pecans to decorate the pie. I recommend cutting out a stencil for Tracer’s hair. I free-handed it, but it was a bit messier than I wanted!
- Add in your extra banana slices for the outline on Tracer’s goggles.
- Carefully remove the spring-form from the pan.
GG WP, Hero!
Now, cut yourself a slice and enjoy. You’ve earned it!