When Overwatch was first announced at BlizzCon 2014, I was so insanely excited by the fact that the universe existed on Earth. This meant instead of digging into my Azeroth cook book for inspiration, I could just pull inspiration from cultural cuisines. So, we’re taking a trip around the globe with our favorite Overwatch heroes, starting with the poster girl — Tracer!
For this recipe, I decide to create a healthier version of Banoffee Pie which is found in Tracer’s hometown of London, England.
If you’re not familiar Banoffee Pie, you might be thinking “what the heck is a banoffee?” Banoffee Pie consists of bananas and toffee (or dulce de leche) and then is covered with delicious whipped cream. Yum!
Enough talk, let’s get moving!
- 2 teaspoons of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of agave
- 2 scoops of Quest Salted Caramel protein powder
- 1/4 cup of shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup of pecans (reserve 1/4 cup)
- 1 cup of coconut milk (reserve 1 tablespoon)
- 1 cup of coconut cream, chilled
- 2 bananas (reserve a few slices for decoration)
This recipe takes about 45 minutes to prep. Cook time is about 30 minutes. This makes 8 servings.
Each slice contains: ~13g of Protein, ~15g of Fat, and ~15g of Net Carbs
- Set a sauce pan on low heat.
- Add your coconut milk, 2 scoops of protein powder and agave to the sauce pan.
- Cook on low heat for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. This will create the dolce de leche for the filling. It should end up being a paste-like consistency. Remove from heat when done.
- Place your cinnamon protein bars in a microwave safe bowl. Add in 1 tablespoon of coconut milk. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave again for 30 seconds.
- In a food processor, grind your pecans. Reserve 1/4 of a cup for decoration.
- Add in your melted protein bars, cinnamon and shredded coconut. Blend until smooth. This will form your crust.
- Press your pecan mixture into a spring-form pan. Using a spoon, spread the mixture until you have an 1″ edge.
- Place in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
- Whip your chilled coconut cream.
- Remove your pie crust from the fridge.
- Pour in your dolce de leche and spread evenly.
- Top with sliced bananas.
- Top with your whipped cream. Spread the whipped cream evenly.
- Now, use your reserved crushed pecans to decorate the pie. I recommend cutting out a stencil for Tracer’s hair. I free-handed it, but it was a bit messier than I wanted!
- Add in your extra banana slices for the outline on Tracer’s goggles.
- Carefully remove the spring-form from the pan.
GG WP, Hero!
Now, cut yourself a slice and enjoy. You’ve earned it!
This recipe was created with support from Quest Gaming. Follow them on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to learn more about how other gamers eat healthy and #CheatClean.