A few weekends ago, Heroes of the Dorm tournament was broadcast live across the nation on ESPN2. This was a gigantic leap forward for eSports, especially for the collegiate scene. Despite all the praise and admiration, there are still doubts on whether or not eSports deserves a spot on cable TV. Some people just need a lot of convincing!
Considering my background, I assume you already know what my thoughts are on eSports and the Collegiate eSports scene. eSports4Lyfe.
However, the most important thing to take away is that Artosis sparked a brand new meme… GOING HAM ON THE CORE!
Though ASU could not snatch the win from UC Berkeley, they will be forever remembered as going HAM ON THE CORE.
In honor of monumental moment in eSports history, I present to you a delicious and pork-tastic treat: HAM on the core ham!
- 3 tablespoons of apple butter
- 1 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of cloves
- 1 teaspoon of mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of ginger, grated (I used a microplane for this)
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 granny smith apples, cubed
- 1 mango, cupped
- 1 2lb smoked ham
- OPTIONAL: 1/2 tablespoon of agave nectar
This recipe takes about 30 minutes to prep. Total cook time is 45 minutes. This will make 4 servings.
- Pre-heat your oven to 365° F.
- Add in 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar to your apple butter. Stir to combine. Season with salt.
- Baste the ham with the apple butter and vinegar mixture.
- Roast in the oven for 45 minutes. During this time, prepare your mango chutney.
- Set a pot on medium heat.
- Add in your onions, apples, apple cider vinegar, cloves, ginger, cinnamon and mustard seeds.
- Allow the chutney to cook for about 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove the chutney from the heat.
- Add in the cubed mango. Add in agave nectar if you want the chutney to be sweeter.
- Remove the ham from the oven. Allow it to cool for about 5 minutes (the glaze will still be very hot).
- Serve with the chutney.
Now, at this point, you have a few plating options…
PUT A SLICE OF HAM ON SOME APPLE CORES. HAM ON THE CORE!
Or rather, serve the ham like this:
But realistically, the ham is served best on a platter with the chutney on the side:
Or, enjoy it with a few fellow heroes:
See you in the Nexus!