I’ve been wanting to make Gorgrond Chowder for a while… So I finally had a chance to sit down and hammer out the recipe. I wanted to do it right, so was a lot of research involved. There’s something very special about enjoying a creamy seafood soup in a toasty sour dough bread bowl on a chilly day.
It’s a hearty soup, and it has to be since Gorgrond is a pretty rough neighborhood.
GUYS…GUYS WE CAN TALK THIS OUT. MAYBE OVER A BOWL OF CHOWDER?
You could probably make this meal while doing runs of Blackrock! Just don’t die and upset just don’t upset your raid lead.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 cup of water
- 2 cups of fish stock
- 3 cups of milk
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 lb of carrots, chopped
- 1/2 lb of celery, chopped
- 1/2 lb of red potatoes
- 1/2 lb of italian sausage
- 1 lb of cod, chopped
- OPTIONAL: 1/2 lb sour dough bread rounds
- OPTIONAL: parsley
Total prep time for this dish is about 20 minutes. Total cook time is about 35 minutes. This makes about 6 servings.
- Set a large pot on high heat. Add your tablespoon of olive oil.
- Cook your Italian sausage until golden brown (roughly 5 – 7 minutes).
- Remove from the pot and set aside.
- Add in your chopped onions, celery, and carrots. This blend of ingredients is called a mirepoix.
- Reduce the heat to medium and allow the mirepoix to sweat. Stir it occasionally to prevent it from burning.
- Slice the Italian sausage and re-introduce it into the pot. Make sure you pour in any juices left over from the sausage.
- Bring the heat back up to high.
- Add in your fish stock, water and potatoes. Allow to cook for about 10 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
- Add in your chopped cod.
- Reduce the heat to medium and pour in your milk.
- Allow the cod to cook for another 10 minutes, stirring often.
- OPTIONAL: to make a bread bowl, cut off the top of the round of bread and scoop the insides out.
- OPTIONAL: garnish with parsley
Now, the bread bowl is totally optional. You can serve this chowder in a bowl if you’d like!
As always, I try to replicate the in-game appearance. Here’s what it looks like in-game:
And here’s how it turned out with the bread bowl:
Close, I think!
You’ve got a half pound of sausage on the list twice #6 and #11.
Whoops! Thank you for the catch. I’ve updated it.
Guess I was so excited about sausage that I listed it twice. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)