Everyone’s favorite vengeful Blood Elf mage, Kael’thas Sunstrider made his way into the Nexus a few months back. I’ve had a chance to play him several times in ranked, but honestly, I’m not super comfortable with his play style.
I’m more of a Jaina kind of gal (awwwwkward). However, Kael’thas is still a super fun hero to play! I mean, c’mon, FREE living bombs?! YOU GET A LIVING BOMB. AND YOU GET A LIVING BOMB. EVERYONE GETS A LIVING BOMB!
And it’s all thanks to those magical Verdant Spheres. Those Verdant Spheres are his signature accessory. A powerful fashion statement only worn by most haute blood mages!
I’ve immortalized these iconic artifacts in food form: edamame falafels! These falafels are packed full of nutrients which will surely keep you fueled during your quest for vengeance.
- 1 cup of tahini sauce*
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- 1 tablespoon of coriander
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 5 – 7 cloves of garlic, diced
- 1/4 cup of cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup of parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups of edamame, shelled
- 1 onion, roughly diced
- 2 jalapeños, diced
*To make homemade tahini sauce, combine: tahini paste, garlic, lemon juice, water and salt.
Prep time for this recipe is roughly 15 minutes. Cook time is about 35 minutes. This makes about 3 servings (about 3 falafels each).
- Put your onion, edamame, onion, cilantro, 1 jalapeño, and 1/4 cup of parsley in a food processor.
- Add in your salt, pepper, cumin, and coriander.
- Drizzle in 2 tablespoons of olive oil and pulse to combine.
- Continue until it forms a smooth paste.
- Remove and set aside.
- Set your oven to 375° F.
- Line a pan or baking dish with parchment paper.
- Using a spoon, scoop out golf ball sized balls of the falafel dough. Roughly shape them into a sphere and drop them onto the parchment paper. Use a butter knife to smooth out the balls.
- Bake for 35 minutes or crispy. In order to keep them green, I decided not to flip them.
- Place tahini sauce, jalapeño pepper, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and your remaining parsley in a food processor.
- Process until it’s a smooth paste.
- Dip a spoon in the sauce and place the back of the spoon against a plate. Drag the spoon up and lift carefully to create a smear affect (or the flame for the verdant spheres).
- Place one of the falafels on top of the sauce.
- OPTIONAL: Sprinkle parsley over the plate.
Now you can embrace AND eat the power of Verdant Spheres! ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ﾉ GLORY TO THE SIN’DOREI! ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ﾉ