It’s been a pretty hot summer here, so anything frozen is a welcomed refreshment. With the new season of Diablo underway, it was time to create a chilling dish that would combat the heat from the Burning Hells.
JUSTICE is best served cold! Right Tyrael?
This recipe is pretty easy, so you’ll be able to whip it up between your rift runs! Plus, it’s got a little bit of booze in it. A nice way to end summer with one last tropical cocktail!
- 2 oz of blue curacao
- 3 oz of rum
- 1 cup of pineapples, chopped
- 3 – 4 pineapple spears
- 1 can of coconut cream
Prep time for this recipe is about 15 minutes. Chill time is about 8 hours (~6 hours without alcohol). This will make about 6 popsicles.
You will want a popsicle mold that has a removable shell. I’m using Zoku popsicle makers for this. This can be done with a standard mold, but it may be a bit trickier!
- Take your pineapple spears and cut them into strips. The goal is to create rays of light similar to this:
- Once you’re happy with the shape and size of the pineapple rays, place them inside the popsicle mold.
- Place the molds face down in the freezer and let the pineapple harden for about 5 minutes.
- Any left over pineapple pieces from this process can be added into the next step!
- While your pineapples are freezing, combine your pineapples, coconut cream, and rum in a blender.
- Remove your molds from the freezer. Place the molds in their holder so they’re standing up straight.
- Slowly pour in the mixture into each mold.
- Carefully pour blue curacao into each mold. Since the piņa colada mixture is dense, the curacao should easily sit on top of it.
- Using a chopstick or knife, gently poke the curacao into the piņa colada mix. You’ll want to focus mainly on the edges of the popsicle mold in order to make the blue color more prominent. This is the same technique used for the burning hells popsicles.
- Return the popsicles to the freezer and allow it to chill for about 8 hours.
- When the popsicles are ready, use warm water to help ease the popsicles out of their molds.
Now you’ve got a cool treat worthy of the Angels. GG WP!
Now, get back to rifting! See you in Sanctuary, Nephalem!