Fall’s here and you know what that means … PUMPKIN SPICE!
Last October, I created a pumpkin spice recipe inspired by Diablo III. This time around, I decided to focus on another Blizzard game.
With beta around the corner, it’s time for me to start cooking up some Overwatch inspired snacks. That’s right, we’re hopping aboard the Overwatch hype train! CHOO CHOO. But this time, the hype train is fueled by PUMPKIN PROTEIN COOKIES!
Cheers love, the cookies are here!
- 1 tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons of agave nectar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup, 1 teaspoon of almond milk
- 1/2 cup, 2 teaspoons of pumpkin puree
- 2 pumpkin pie Quest Bars
- 1 cup of oats
- 1 square of dark chocolate
Prep time for this recipe is about 20 minutes. Cook time is ~14 minutes. This recipe will make 9 cookies.
Each cookie contains: 6g of Protein, 4g of Fat, and 5.5g of Net Carbs
- Take your protein bars and cut away the orange coating. Reserve these pieces in a bowl for later.
- Cut the protein bar into pieces and place into a bowl. Add 1/2 cup of almond milk.
- Microwave the protein bar for 1 minute. Remove from the microwave and stir. Microwave for an additional 30 seconds. Stir until it makes a smooth liquid.
- Put your protein mixture into a large bowl. Add in 1/2 of your oats and stir.
- Pour in your pumpkin puree, agave, and egg. Stir until combined.
- Add in your remaining oats and gently fold it into the rest of the mixture.
- Pre-heat your oven to 325° F.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking dish. Use a spoon to portion out your cookie dough mixture, and drop spoonfuls onto the baking dish.
- Gently press the cookies into disks.
- Bake the cookies for 12 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 teaspoon of almond milk and 2 teaspoons of pumpkin puree to your reserved protein bar coating. This will make your orange frosting.
- Microwave for 30 seconds, stir, and microwave again for 30 seconds.
- Microwave your dark chocolate in the same manner.
- Place your orange frosting and dark chocolate in piping bags.
- Pipe the Overwatch symbol onto your cooled cookies.
GG WP, hero! Now you’re ready to save the world. 😀
Or, you can wait for your beta access and bake cookies like me. The world needs more cookies.
This recipe was created with support from Quest Gaming. Follow them on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to learn more about how other gamers eat healthy and #CheatClean.